QuickBooks Desktop Integration available on Plus & Premier Tier
The QuickBooks Online Unsynced Entities should be checked daily. This will list all entities that are unable to sync from SingleOps into QuickBooks.
Manage Quickbooks Sync Wizard
Navigate to: Quickbooks Sync Wizard
Note: Whenever you see a number next to the Quickbooks Sync Wizard icon (above the Admin wheel), this means there is something you need to approve before it will sync from Quickbooks into SingleOps and vice versa.
Review Sync Wizard Sections
Import from Quickbooks Shows what is trying to sync from Quickbooks into SingleOps. Export to Quickbooks Shows what is trying to sync from SingleOps into QuickBooks.
All entities should be selected by default. Uncheck anything you do not want to sync
- If you do not want the unchecked entities to show in the Sync Wizard again change the drop-down next to “Approve Checked” to “Clear Unchecked”
- If you do want the unchecked entities to show again, (e.g. you do not want it to sync when you select “Approve Checked” on this occasion, but you may want to the next time) leave the drop-down as “Keep checked”, this way the next time the web connector runs after the current sync, these previously un-checked entities will reappear in the list again
- It is one rule for all e.g. if you decide to “Clear Unchecked” this applies to all unchecked entities
- Once you click “Approve Checked” everything will go into the “Pending syncs” section of the Log until the web connector is opened.
- Once the web connector is opened you will see the entities starting to sync
- Navigate to: Quickbooks Sync Wizard
Manage Quickbooks Log
- Navigate to: Reports > Quickbooks Syncing > Quickbooks Sync Report
- Review Quickbooks Log Sections
Pending Syncs Approved in Quickbooks Sync Wizard and waiting to sync when web connector runs.
Note: If Pending is not syncing, re-connect web the connector.
Successful Syncs Record log of all successful syncs over time. Quickbooks Management Center Review and Update Unsynced Entities Failed Syncs Record log of all failed syncs over time.
Review and Update Unsynced Entities
Click Resync under Actions for each entity.
Log into QuickBooks to confirm the entity has not been deleted (this is the most common reason for an unsynced entity).
If entity has been deleted from QBO, remove the link between SingleOps and QuickBooks by clicking Clear ID on the SingleOps QuickBooks Online Unsynced Entities page. This action will allow you to resync a new entity. For more information on clear ID, check out this article- Advanced Troubleshooting
Check Error Code and Message for details. These are given from Quickbooks to provide information on why entity did not sync.
Use the QuickBooks Status Code Reference Guide for steps to resolve common messages.
- If you are still unable to sync, Contact SingleOps Support
- Click Resync under Actions for each entity.
Reduce Duplicate Data Entry
Syncing Between SingleOps & Quickbooks
With the Quickbooks integration, your whole team no longer needs access to Quickbooks. Manage clients, invoices, POs and more right from SingleOps!