SingleOps offers a way to keep track of your materials by using our inventory system. This can be helpful both for making sure you have enough materials for a specific Job and for making sure the costs you are recording on your Job match the inventory you are depleting.
In order to track inventory, we need to set the material items to be included in inventory (they are excluded by default). Steps for doing this are below:
- Navigate to the items page
- Click "Edit" on the material item you would like to include in inventory
- Go to the "Advanced" tab
- Uncheck the box that reads "Non-Inventoried"
Once we have the items set to be inventoried, we can create an initial purchase order to set inventory in SingleOps to match your actual inventory. See our video on creating purchase orders if you are unsure of how to do this.
Now we can create a Job as normal, complete the Job as normal, and approve and close the Job as normal. Once the Job hits the approved stage, the materials that are recorded on the Job will be depleted from inventory.
Some important notes about inventory:
- Tracking inventory is Operation specific. A purchase order created for an Operation will only add the inventory to that Operation. Likewise, materials used on a Job will only deplete the inventory of the associated Operation.
- If there is not sufficient inventory to account for the materials used on any given Job, you will not be able to approve the Job, as shown in the screenshot below.
- If you are tracking inventory in Quickbooks, we recommend either only tracking it in Quickbooks or in SingleOps to avoid discrepancies between the two systems.