SingleOps offers a way to keep track of your materials through the Inventory feature. This feature can be used to ensure you have enough materials for a specific Job or for making sure the costs you are recording on your Jobs match the Inventory you are depleting.
How to Set Your Inventory:
- Navigate to: Admin > Items > Items
- Select Edit next to the material Item you would like to include in Inventory
- Navigate to the Advanced tab
- Uncheck the box that reads Non-Inventoried
- Select Update & Close to save your changes
- Create a Purchase Order(s) that includes the Inventory item(s). You can find more information on how to create Purchase Orders here
Note: When creating a Purchase Order to initially set/reset your Inventory, you may want to consider adding SingleOps or another placeholder Vendor to that Purchase Order. If the Purchase Order is synced to Quickbooks as a Bill, you will need to remove the Bill from Quickbooks.
- Approve the Purchase Order
Note: Inventory is Operation specific. A Purchase Order created for a specific Operation will only add the Inventory to that Operation.
How to Manage Your Inventory:
Once your Inventory is set, the Inventory Item quantities will automatically deplete as the material is used on jobs & those jobs are marked as Approved.
Note: As mentioned above, Inventory is Operation specific. Materials used on a Job will only deplete the Inventory of the associated Operation.
Inventory Item quantities can also be manually manipulated following the steps below:
- From your menu bar, navigate to: Purchases > Inventory
- Select the appropriate Operation
- To add or deplete Inventory, click the corresponding button to the right side of the Item
or select Transfer to move Inventory from one Operation to another
- Enter the quantity to be adjusted, appropriate Operation for transfers, & any additional notes regarding the changes
- Select Submit Change
- It is best practice to only track Inventory in Quickbooks OR SingleOps to avoid discrepancies between the two systems.
- You can find settings related to Inventory here: Admin > Account Settings > Inventory
- There is a Global Inventory Report on the Inventory page listed under Operation. This report will display a list of all Inventory Items & the total quantity available.
- There is also an Inventory Transactions report in your Report Catalogue under Items. This report lists the individual Inventory changes & the running totals of each item.