The Visit Profit Margin Report provides a Visit-level breakdown of profit metrics. The report compiles all Visits within the filtered parameters & breaks them down by Visit & Client information, along with financial metrics such as Sales, Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), Expenses, Profit (in dollars), Profit (as a percentage), Payments & Balances.
Navigate to: Reports > Report Catalog > Expenses & Job Costing
Visit Profit Margin Report Features
- Date Range - a custom date range based on the Date Filter (see below)
- Date Filter - used to determine if the Date Range is based on Visit Start Date or Visit Created Date
- Visit Stages (multiselect)
- Assignees (multiselect)
- Sales Reps (multiselect)
The columns included in the Visit Profit Margin Report can be configured to control the data displayed. The following columns are available in this report:
- Ref # - the Visit’s reference number
- Visit Name - the Visit’s name
- Visit Stage - the current Visit stage (scheduled, completed, approved, etc.)
- Operation - the Job-level Operation
- Created - the Visit creation date
- Work Start: the date that the Visit is scheduled to start
Note: if a cell is blank that means a start date has not yet been assigned
- Sales: the revenue for each visit
- COGS: the cost of goods (Material) that you've sold to your customer
Note: Navigate to Admin > Account Settings > COGS Formula to make updates
- Expense: any Expense, including the cost of Service, Labor, & Equipment associated with the Visit
- Profit $: Calculated by subtracting COGS & Expenses from Sales
Expressed algebraically: (Sales - [COGS + Expenses]) = Profit
- Profit %: Calculated by dividing Profit $ by Sales
Expressed algebraically: ([Profit / Sales] x 100) = Profit %
- Payments: the sum of the payments the customer has made for each visit
- Balances: the sum of how much the customer still owes
- Sales Rep - the assigned Sales Rep on the Job-level
- Payments are filtered based on the select Date Filter, not the payment date.
- If the Visit's invoice is part of a CMB or RUP, a link to that invoice will be shown in the Payments & Balance columns.
- Visits on Fixed Invoice Jobs are not included in the Visit Profit Margin Report.