SingleOps now integrates with Google Calendar!
If you are already using Google Calendar (i.e. you have a Gmail email address or business GSuite Account), you can subscribe to your SingleOps events (assigned tasks & visits) so that all of your assigned appointments and work orders are now accessible in Google Calendar via phone, tablet, or browser.
How it works:
- Events (tasks & visits) sync one-way from SingleOps to Google Calendar
- General details of the event, including notes and a link to the job in SingleOps, are included in the Google Calendar view.
- The SingleOps Calendar will be a view-only Calendar found under "Other" Calendars in your Google Calendar. It is not shareable with other Google users.
- The email address you use to login to SingleOps must match your Google Calendar account.
- You must be listed as an "Assignee" on the SingleOps event for it to sync to Google Calendar.
How to Set Up the Integration:
1. An Admin (must be listed as an Account Owner) can enable the Google Calendar integration from the User Management tool. Note: No charges will be added to your subscription until the first user is connected. See Pricing below for more information.
2. Once Enabled, each SingleOps user who wants to connect the calendars must link their Google Account from their own SingleOps Calendar.
Click Link Google Account. Then log in to your Google Account if you aren't already signed in. If you are already signed in, Google will prompt you to confirm the correct Gmail account.
3. You will receive an email to validate the connection and add the SingleOps Calendar to your Google Calendar. Follow the “Add this calendar” link in the email.
4. Click Add to successfully add this calendar to your Google Calendar account.
The SingleOps Calendar will be available under Other Calendars. You will need to do this for all devices where you use the Google Calendar application.
Here are steps directly from Google Calendar Support:
- Open the Google Calendar app .
- In the top left, tap Menu .
- Tap Settings .
- Tap the name of the calendar that isn't showing up. If you don't see the calendar listed, tap Show more.
- At the top of the page, make sure Sync is on (blue). You'll only see the Sync setting for calendars you've created, but not your primary calendar (this is usually called "Events" unless you've changed its name).
This integration is an add-on to your Standard SingleOps Subscription. The pricing breakdown is below and is not prorated.
$10 per active*, linked user per month
The amount billed will be a monthly charge for all active users with their Google calendar connected to SingleOps.
*You will not be charged for any connected users that are not active in your account (i.e. terminated, removed).
If you are an annual/quarterly SingleOps subscriber, the payment method on file will be charged monthly for the Google Calendar Integration.
You can see how many users are currently connected, what the next charge will be, and when the next bill will be in User Management:
Note: If there are users who should not be allowed to integrate with Google Calendar, an Admin user can deactivate the Google Calendar integration access for each user. This can be done on each user profile.
Deactivating a Google Integration
If you need to disconnect or deactivate a user's Google Calendar integration for any reason, this can be done from the User's SingleOps Calendar
Click Unlink Google Account and then confirm with OK.
If you are the admin for your account you can deactivate other users by marking them as inactive. You can deactivate any user via the calendar's unlink Google account button for users that are currently logged in. But for any user that is not logged in at the current time, you can deactivate them by marking them as inactive from the user's page.