Before Removing a User
- Please review all the visits, tasks, routes, and jobs you have assigned to this user.
- You can use the jobs report to filter down using either the sales rep or the assignee column to view a list of all of their work currently assigned to them.
- Please assign these visits, tasks, etc. to another user. This step is crucial as it will prevent you from losing any information that is critical for you to reassign the work.
- Once a user is removed or as we say 'deactivated' they will be dropped from anything assigned to them. They will no longer be accessible in reports or anywhere in the system.
- This will not impact labor resources as labor resources do not have to be users. If you are deactivating one of your crew foreman under which labor resources are assigned, then we recommend moving those labor resources to another user and then deactivating the crew foreman.
Removing a User
- To remove/deactivate a user please go to the Users page under your admin module. Admin access is required for the ability to take this action.
- Go to the user's profile by clicking on their name. Once here unselect that checkbox that says 'Active'
- Click 'Update user' on the bottom of the page to save the change made.
This ensures the user is now deactivated and cannot access your SingleOps account.
However, once you deactivate a user you also want to make sure you remove their license. Taking this action will ensure you don't continue to get billed for a deactivated user.
To remove their license:
- Go to the Users page under admin module again
- On the Licenses area shown below now, you will see a Remove button. The image referenced below is simply an example. Your view may look slightly different but once you deactivate a user, whether they are standard or limited, you will see the remove button on the relevant area.
- Click on the remove button and on the number of licenses to remove choose 1 or however many users you have deactivated.
Taking this step will ensure the license is also removed when a user is deactivated and you are not billed for this user upon their deactivation.
If you do not see the remove option you can contact our support team. Depending on what your base license number is, the remove option may not be available to you.
You are required to have a minimum number of licenses with SingleOps so you are unable to go below the base if it puts you below the minimum number of licenses.