This article explains how to batch delete/archive transactions in Quickbooks Desktop. This can only be done with certain versions of Quickbooks Desktop. Versions listed below.
In the rare occasion that multiple transactions or payments have been duplicated in you QB account these steps can be followed to "clean" up the duplicates.
Tips and Best Practices
- The is only available in QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2017, Enterprise and Enterprise Accountant 17.0, and later versions.
- You need to sign in as an Admin or External Accountant user.
- Important: You can't batch delete or void the transactions below. You can still delete them individually.
- Invoices with reimbursed expenses, times, mileage, or items
- Invoices with billable time and costs
- Payroll Liability Checks
- Sales Tax Payments
- Online Bill Payments
- Any transaction in a closed period
To delete them individually, open the transaction and select Edit and then Delete.
- Go to the File menu and select Switch to Single-user mode. If you see Switch to Multi-user mode, don't select it.
- Go to the Accountant menu and select Batch Delete/Void Transactions.
- Select the transactions you want to delete or void from the Available Transactions list.
- Select Review & Delete (or Review & Void).
- Select Back Up & Delete or Back Up & Void. You can also skip the backup and select Delete only or Void only from the dropdowns.
6. Select Yes to confirm you want to delete or void the transactions.
After you delete or void the transactions, you can select View Deleted/Voided Transaction Report to print a copy of the deleted or voided transactions.