The client portal offers a platform for your clients to request new service, as well as view/accept proposals & view/make payments on open invoices. These proposals & invoices are posted & removed from the portal based on actions & timing of the associated job/visit(s). The rules which govern the addition & removal of these documents from the portal are listed below.
- Proposals only appear in the portal when a job is created as a lead or proposal. If the job is created in the active stage, then reverted to the proposal stage, the proposal does not get added to the portal.
- If a proposal is accepted by the client within the portal, it will remain in the portal indefinitely.
- If a proposal is accepted from an email link or from within the app by a SO user, the proposal will disappear from the portal.
Invoices (One-off Jobs)
- These invoices appear in the portal on the Invoice Date.
- If no Invoice Date is entered, the invoice will appear on the scheduled Work Date.
- If no Invoice Date or Work Date are entered, the invoice will not appear until the job is completed. Once the job is marked complete, the invoice will appear in the portal using the day the job was completed as the Invoice date.
- If no Work Date is entered, but an Invoice Date is entered, the invoice will appear in the portal on the Invoice Date.
- Invoices for jobs with no Work Date but an Invoice Date in the future will not be added to the portal until the Invoice Date.
Invoices (Recurring Jobs)
- Per visit invoices will appear on the scheduled Visit Date (regardless of whether or not it is Completed or Approved).
- TBD Visit Warning: If a job is set to Custom Visit Frequency and the visits are scheduled as TBD for a certain month, the (per visit) invoices for these visits will appear on the 1st of that month (regardless of whether or not the visit's work has been done or marked Completed or Approved).
- Fixed Invoices will appear on the date stipulated on the job's Fixed Invoice settings (i.e. 1st of the Month, every 2nd Tuesday, etc.)
- All paid invoices remain in the portal for one year from the Invoice Date (not the Payment Date)
- All unpaid invoices remain in the portal until they are paid. Once an invoice with a date older than one year is paid, the invoice will be removed from the portal.
- The Invoice behavior described in this article is the default behavior. Admin Users can configure their Invoice settings in order to determine when an Invoice appears in the Client Portal. Follow this link for more information.