The client portal offers a platform for your Clients to log in and view their documents - Proposals and Invoices. It allows Clients to accept Proposals and pay for Invoices, if enrolled with the OpenEdge payment processor.
Documents are posted and removed from the Client Portal based on actions and timing of the associated Job and/or Visit(s). The following sections describe the rules which govern documents' addition to and removal from the Client Portal.
How to Invite Clients to Use the Client Portal
In order for Clients to use the Client Portal to access their available Proposals and Invoices, they need to register using your company's unique Customer Portal Link. This can be found in the Admin section of SingleOps, under the Company Page (see screenshot below).
Adding a "Request Service" button to your website is a great way to receive new Client Leads without a phone call or email. Potential new clients can complete a Service Request form through the portal link and you will be notified that it arrived so that you can schedule and estimate and pursue the sale.
After copying the Customer Portal link, paste this into the button's link on your website. Your website administrator should be able to help with this. If you build and maintain your own website, and need help adding a link to it, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com.
Invite by Email
Once this is located, copy the link and paste it into an email template to send to your customers. This template can be through SingleOps, such as at the bottom of an existing Proposal template, or through your Marketing email program, such as MailChimp.
Once the Client receives the email and clicks on the Customer Portal link, she will be directed to a Customer Login page which requires submission of an email address affiliated with a Client in your SingleOps program.
- For example, if your client "Cece Cunningham" is entered in SingleOps with the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, this client must enter that email address in the portal registration in order for SingleOps to recognize her as a Client in your SingleOps account (see screenshot below).
Once the "Send Login Link" is selected, the client will receive an email with a link for their specific portal page.
Once the link is clicked, the Client will be directed to their own Portal Page (see screenshot below).
*Please note: If you are testing this on your account, and click the emailed link, it will not work if you are currently logged into SingleOps on any tab in your Chrome browser. Please log out of SingleOps and close all tabs to test the emailed link.
From this portal, Clients can view and accept Proposals, and view and make payments on Invoices using the blue buttons next to each listed Proposal/Invoice.
When do documents appear in the Client Portal?
- Proposals only appear in the Client Portal when a Job is created as a Lead or Proposal. If the Job is created as Active, then reverted to the Proposal phase, the Proposal does not get added to the Client portal.
- If a Proposal is accepted within the Client Portal, it will stay in the Portal. If a Proposal is accepted from an Emailed Link or from within the App (by an SO user), the Proposal disappears from the Client Portal.
- Proposals remain in the Client Portal indefinitely
- One-off Job Invoices appear in the Portal on the Invoice Date.
- If no Invoice Date is entered, the Invoice will appear on the scheduled Work Date.
- If no Invoice Date or Work Date are entered, the Invoice will not appear until the Job is Completed. Once the Job is marked Complete, the Invoice will be created and appear in the Portal, using the day the Job was Completed as the Invoice date.
- If no Work Date is entered, but an Invoice date is entered, the Invoice will appear in the Client Portal on the Invoice date as long as the Job is after the Proposal stage (Active, Completed,...). Invoices for Jobs with no Work Date and Invoice Dates in the future will not be added to the Portal until the date of the Invoice.
- Per Visit Invoices
- Invoice will appear on the Scheduled Visit Date (regardless of whether or not it is Completed and/or Approved).
- TBD Visit Warning: If a Job is set to Custom Frequency and Visits are scheduled as TBD for a certain month, the Invoices for these Visits will appear on the 1st of that month (again, regardless of whether or not the Visit's work has been done or marked as Completed).
- EXAMPLE: Three Visits for one Job have been scheduled as July TBD. If left unscheduled, on July 1st, Three Invoices for these Visits will appear in the Client Portal, dated July 1st.
- Fixed Invoices - Invoice will appear on the date stipulated on the Job's Fixed Invoice settings (i.e. 1st of the Month, every 2nd Tuesday, etc.)
- Per Visit Invoices
When are documents removed from the Client Portal?
- If a Proposal is accepted within the Client Portal, it will stay in the Portal.
- If a Proposal is accepted from an Emailed Link or from within the App (by an SO user), the Proposal disappears from the Client Portal.
- Paid Invoices remain in the Client Portal for One Year from the Invoice Date (not the Payment Date)
- Unpaid Invoices remain in the Client Portal until they are paid. Once an Invoice with a date older than one year is paid, the Invoice will leave the Client Portal.