Service companies are often required to possess and present to their customers a Certificate of Insurance (COI) or maybe you have a specific set of documented terms & conditions that accompany each job. Many SingleOps customers elect to transmit these electronically as a PDF attachment on their proposals and/or invoices.
But what happens when the COI changes each year? Or if you update your Terms? How do you keep that attachment current? You just need to upload a new document.
Here's how you can upload a new attached document, appended to your SingleOps Document Template(s).
Steps to Upload a COI, Terms & Condition Document
- Go to Admin > Document Templates and click the Edit button (far right) for the template which you wish to modify.
If you do not see an Edit button to the right of the template you need to update, a member of the SingleOps Team will first need to unlock the template before you can make any changes. Contact SingleOps Support at 888-309-2227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click PDF (left sidebar) and toggle on Append Attached PDFs (if not already on).
- When the PDF page is displayed, find the thumbnail of the PDF you wish to replace (if applicable). Hover over the image and click the trash can icon to remove the old file.
- Click the Click to Upload button to find the location of the new PDF or drag-and-drop to the page. SingleOps only accepts attachments to templates in PDF format. A progress bar will display briefly to show the new file is being imported. NOTE: we have seen it take several minutes before the image is fully uploaded to the hosting server. If you do not immediately see the thumbnail, please wait a few minutes for the image to complete its upload. Once the new file image has fully uploaded, you should be able to hover over the file and click on the magnifying glass icon to verify that the new file has successfully been added.
- You can preview the proposal/invoice with the new PDF by using the Preview button (left sidebar). You will be prompted to enter some lookup value (name, job name, job number, etc.) and a list will populate with any/all jobs containing the search criteria. Scroll down (using scroll control right side) to see any/all attachments, and verify that the new PDF is now part of the document package.
NOTE: SingleOps currently has no mechanism by which you can order the PDF attachments. First attached is first presented. If it is essential that your attachments be presented in a specific order (and if the file was not intended to be the last document in the presentation order) you will need to remove all the attachments, then re-attach them in the intended order.