In this article:
SingleOps provides a very valuable 'autopay' functionality where you or your client can save a credit card to be automatically billed through SingleOps. This feature is fantastic for your customers that have signed up for recurring jobs or services.
Before setting up Autopay, make sure the Autopay Enabled is turned on.
1. Navigate to: Admin > Account Settings > Jobs
2. Find Autopay Enabled to YES
3. Next, when creating new proposals or jobs there is a dropdown available where you can select whether or not the job is eligible for Autopay. If a certain job type is always eligible for autopay (for instance, a lawn care program you offer) you can select Autopay to be enabled in a Job Template to save you a click when you setting up this type of job.
Now when your client pays an invoice for this job they are provided with the option to enroll in autopay.
You can manage a clients stored credit cards and autopay settings on their client page, just click the Payment Method tab. You can also add new credit cards here and enroll them in autopay.
When a job is autopay eligible and the customer has a credit card signed up for autopay you will then see a new option when clicking the payments button. Just click 'autopay' and your customer will be billed for the balance on the associated invoice:
The Autopay button is also easily available after completing a visit in SingleOps so you can seamlessly charge your client upon work completion.
Batch Autopay is the ability to batch process multiple autopay invoices. This feature can process up to 100 autopay invoices at once. SingleOps previous AutoPay feature involves a saved payment where every autopay-enabled invoice can be paid with a click of the “AutoPay” button. This can be a tedious process because the client would have to open each invoice and click the “AutoPay” button to apply payment. To streamline the payment process, we added the batch autopay feature. In addition, a reporting feature will be created to allow customers to batch process and view autopay invoices.
Navigation & Set-Up
If “Autopay Enabled” is turned ON, a new “Autopay Invoices” report will be available under the Invoices section in the left side navigation bar.
1. Navigate to: Admin > Account Settings > Jobs >
2. Autopay Enabled to YES
3. Three new settings added:
- “Per Visit” Status: Select which visit status you want the invoice to populate in the autopay invoice report. Users can select “Completed” or “Approved”. For example, if I selected “Completed”, when a visit is “Completed”, then the invoice will populate in the autopay invoice report. This setting applies for One-Off and Per Visit invoices.
- For Fixed and Progress Billing invoices, they will populate in the report based on their invoice date.
- Batch autopay is not supported for CMBs or RUPs.
- Payment Processed Email Template: Select a template to send when an autopay invoice is processed. There is one system template provided, but this setting will default to None.
- Payment Failed Email Template: Select a template to send when an autopay invoice has failed to process. There is one system template provided, but this setting will default to None.
Autopay Invoices Report
Autopay Invoices will have 5 statuses:
- Ineligible - If an invoice has this status, it will not be available in the autopay invoices report (see below). This status is NOT visible on the UI.
- Ready - Invoice is ready to be processed.
- Processing - Invoice is in processing. When batch auto paying multiple invoices, the invoices are sent in a queue for processing. In this status, users cannot make any other payments until processing is complete (checkbox and Charge Default Card will be locked).
- Success - Invoice was successfully processed
- Failed - Invoice failed to process. Users can re-process autopay if desired, but we advise they check the error code in the client’s profile -> Payment Methods tab.
Reasons for invoices not showing in the Autopay Invoices report:
- There is no payment method on the client’s profile.
- Payment method must have “Autopay Enabled” and “Default”.
- Invoice was created with a $0 balance.
- Job does not have "Autopay Enabled"