Tags are a way to mark clients, leads and jobs with identifiers that can also be color-coded. You can use tags for practically anything. Some examples include:
- Client preferences - Schedule in AM/PM, leave mulch/firewood, call ahead
- Equipment needs - Crane, stump grinder, bucket truck
- Callouts for the crew - Take before & after photos, park on the street, gate code required
- Safety hazards - Power lines, dogs on property, pool
- Sales information - Hot lead, urgent, no email address
Beyond being able to readily identify tags by their name and color on jobs, tasks and client profiles, they're also filterable throughout SingleOps. Once you've created and applied a tag to one or more of your jobs/leads/clients, you can then use that tag as a keyword by which you can search and have returned to you all the elements bearing that tag throughout the job management module. You can also filter the calendar and route planner by tags as well as several reports.
Creating a tag
- From the toolbar (left side), click Admin >> Tags
- Click the blue ‘New’ button at the top left of the page
- When the New Tag page presents, type in a name for your tag. Make it brief, but descriptive.
- Create a color for your new tag. You can select a color using the HTML color codes via the link provided, or simply write in the color (i.e. red, green, yellow, etc.)
- Select the type of tag. Your choices are: Global, Visit, or Purchase Order. Global tags are tags which can be used across the entire application. However, you may wish to have certain tags which appear only in the context of a visit or a purchase order.
- Once all the information has been entered, click the ‘Create Tag’ button to create the tag.
Editing a Tag
To edit a tag, go to Admin >> Tags and click on the tag icon itself in the tag row. You'll be taken back to the tag properties page (the same page you used to create the tag) and you can make any changes there. Be sure once you've completed your changes to click the Update Tag button to preserve your changes.
Deleting a Tag
Should you wish to remove a tag, click the Delete button (far right) on the tag row.
NOTE: depending on how zoomed in your screen is, you may need to scroll to the right to reveal the ‘Delete’ button.
Using a Tag
Once you've created a series of tags, you'll see them along the bottom edge of your screen.
Clicking a tag will enable it, and you'll note a border is placed around any active tag. To disable any tag, click the tag again to toggle off the border.
Filtering by Tags
To filter by your applied tags, click the Filter button located at the top right of any screen (except for the route planner, where it is located at the top left above your unscheduled tasks/visits).
In the job management module:
In the calendar:
To filter by a tag, simply click on that tag. The border outline appears around the selected tag, and the job list is shrunk to only include items which contain that tag. NOTE: if you wish to filter by multiple tags, understand that they work off the Boolean AND (not OR), i.e., you will only see items which contain ALL of the selected tags.