Items in SingleOps are used to build out proposals and work orders with your services, labor, discounts, materials, etc. When creating or editing items, there are several settings available. To edit these settings go to Admin >> Items >> Items
To edit an existing item, find the item you want to edit and click the Edit button on the far right. You may have to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the page to scroll to the right. NOTE: if you have many items, you can use the Search box in the upper-right.
To create a new item, click the blue New button at the top left.
Item settings are separated in two tabs, General and Advanced.
Name - Name your item
- Description - Describe your item. This description will appear each time the item is selected, but can be edited when creating a proposal.
- Default Price - The amount you will charge your customer for this item. This can be left as $0.00 if the price for this item changes frequently.
- Default Cost - What this item costs you as a company to perform.
- Item Category - Select an option for the dropdown. You can read a more in-depth description of these categories here.
- Item Subcategory - If applicable, select a subcategory. You can read more about subcategories here.
- Units of Measure - If you have already created different units of measure, they will appear in the dropdown here. Or, you can add a new one. You can read more about units of measure here.
- Production Rate - Please read this article to learn more about this setting.
- Expense Quickbooks Account - If the item you are creating is an expense, and you are synced with Quickbooks, select the expense account you’d like to be linked to this item.
- Default Operation - If this item is specific to an operation you’ve set-up in your admin settings, you can select it from the dropdown. Read more about operations here.
- Billable - This designator is only applicable for expense items. When checked, the cost of that item will be transferred to the client and it will appear on the invoice when added as a job expense.
- Subcontracted - When this box is checked, this item's subsequent line items will default to have a subcontracted designation, i.e., the associated costs for this item will only affect the job's estimated margins (it assumes actual margins will be replaced by a job-related expense). A Purchase Order should be created to record the actual costs for these items.
- Non-Inventoried - Items which are NOT marked as 'non-inventoried' will appear on the inventory page and will have all the functionality of inventoried items, i.e., their quantity can be manually increased or depleted; purchase orders containing the item will affect inventory levels and cost basis; and inventory checks will be made for jobs which include the item to ensure adequate inventory levels are on-hand. Notifications are made to the user if a job is proposed for which there are inadequate levels of inventory to complete the job. Conversely, items which ARE marked as 'non-inventoried' exhibit all the opposite characteristics as outlined above. Items are, by default, unchecked, i.e., they are defaulted to show as inventoried, and thus a conscious decision must be made by the administrator to mark an item as non-inventoried.
- Active - Unchecking this box will deactivate this item so it is no longer searchable in your items list when building out a proposal. Note: this will also remove the item from existing invoices.
- Route Planner Icon - If you’d like to change the icon that appears on the route planner when this item is on a job, select one from the dropdown.
- Include in Route Capacity - Check this box if you’d like the item to calculate in the route capacity when using the route planner.
- Include in Inventory Tracker - Check this box if you’d like to include the item in the inventory tracker tool.
- Exclude from Renewals? - Check this box if you do not want to include this item on renewals for recurring jobs and contracts.
- Quantity Based Pricing - Check this box to default prices based on the quantity, the job’s operation and customer type.
After you have finished updating your item’s settings, click the blue Update Item button at the bottom left of the page.