SingleOps Items are the services, materials, expenses, labor, equipment, or discounts added to a job. Certain Items can also be added to Purchase Orders. To create or edit an Item, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to: Admin > Items > Items
- Select New to create a new Item or select Edit next to an Item to make changes
- Once you are finished creating or editing an Item, be sure to save or update your changes at the bottom of the page
Note: New Items can also be added on the Job Edit page
When creating or editing an Item, the settings are separated in two tabs - General & Advanced. Below is a list with descriptions of each Item setting.
- Name - The Item name (e.g., Tree Removal, Maintenance Labor, Bermuda Sod)
Note: SingleOps does not support duplicate Item names.
- Description - This description will appear by default each time the Item is used on a job, but it can be edited during that time.
- Default Price - The amount you will charge your customer for this Item. This can be left as $0.00 if the price for this Item changes frequently.
- Default Cost - The amount this Item costs you as a business. This can be left as $0.00 if the cost of this Item changes frequently.
- Item Category - Select an option from the dropdown. You can find more information on Item Categories here.
- Item Subcategory - If applicable, select a Subcategory. You can find more information about Item Subcategories here.
- Income Quickbooks Account - If synced with Quickbooks, you must select an Income Account to link to your Item.
- Units of Measure - If available, select an option(s) from the dropdown list or select +New Unit of Measure to add a new one. You can find more information on Units of Measure here.
- Production Rate - If applicable/available, select a Production Rate from the dropdown. You can find more information on Production Rates here.
- Expense Quickbooks Account - If the Item you are creating is an expense & you are synced with Quickbooks, select the expense account you’d like linked to this Item.
- Default Operation - If this Item is specific to an Operation, make a selection from the dropdown. You can find more information on Operations here.
- Billable - This designator is only applicable for visit expenses. When checked, the cost of that Item will be transferred to the client & will appear on their invoice when added as a visit expense.
- Reimbursable - For Purchase Orders & Job Expenses: If checked, this Item will create and sync a bill to QuickBooks when the PO or Visit is approved.
Note: This designator is only visible to accounts linked to Quickbooks.
- Subcontracted - When checked, the associated cost for this Item on a job will only affect the job's estimated margins (it assumes actual margins will be replaced by a job-related expense). A Purchase Order should be created to record the actual costs for these Items.
- Non-Inventoried - Items which are NOT marked as 'non-inventoried' will appear in SingleOps Inventory. If included in inventory, Purchase Orders containing the Item will affect inventory levels. You can find more information on SingleOps Inventory here.
- Active - Unchecking this box will deactivate this Item so it is no longer searchable in your Items list. Note: Deactivating the Item will also remove it from existing invoices.
- Route Planner Icon - If you’d like to change the icon that appears on the route planner when this Item is on a job, select one from the dropdown.
- Include in Route Capacity - Check this box if you’d like the Item’s quantity to calculate in the route capacity when using the route planner.
- Include in Inventory Tracker - Check this box if you’d like to include the Item in the Inventory Tracker tool.
- Taxed - If applicable, check this box to charge sales tax on this Item by default.
- Exclude from Renewals? - Check this box if you do not want to include this Item on renewals for recurring jobs & contracts.
- Hide Quantity on Work Order Documents? - Check this box to hide the Item’s quantity on Work Orders.
- Show Item on Documents? - If checked, this Item will show up on standard documents even when the Item is within an Item Group that is marked to invoice as a group.
- Quantity Based Pricing - Check this box to default costs & prices based on quantity, operation, and/or customer type. You can find more information on Quantity Based Pricing here.