SingleOps Items are the services, materials, expenses, labor, equipment, or discounts added to a job. Certain Items can also be added to Purchase Orders.
In this article:
Create or Edit an Item
1. Navigate to: Admin > Items > Items
2. Select New to create a new Item or select the Item Name, this will open up the Item and allow you to click Edit to make changes.
4. Once you are finished creating or editing an Item, be sure to click Update Item at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
*Note: New Items can also be added on the Job Edit page
When creating or editing an Item, the settings are separated in two tabs - General & Advanced. Below is a list with descriptions of each Item setting.
- Name - The Item name (e.g., Tree Removal, Maintenance Labor, Bermuda Sod)
Note: SingleOps does not support duplicate Item names.
- Active - Unchecking this box will deactivate this Item so it is no longer searchable in your Items list. Note: Deactivating the Item will also remove it from existing invoices.
- Description - This description will appear by default each time the Item is used on a job, but it can be edited during that time.
- Default Price - The amount you will charge your customer for this Item. This can be left as $0.00 if the price for this Item changes frequently.
- Default Cost - The amount this Item costs you as a business. This can be left as $0.00 if the cost of this Item changes frequently.
- Category - Select an option from the dropdown. You can find more information on Item Categories here.
- Subcategory - If applicable, select a Subcategory. You can find more information about Item Subcategories here.
- Units of Measure - If available, select an option(s) from the dropdown list or select +New Unit of Measure to add a new one. You can find more information on Units of Measure here.
- Default Operation - If this Item is specific to an Operation, make a selection from the dropdown. You can find more information on Operations here.
- Production Rate - If applicable/available, select a Production Rate from the dropdown. You can find more information on Production Rates here.
- Expense Quickbooks Account - If the Item you are creating is an expense & you are synced with Quickbooks, select the expense account you’d like linked to this Item.
- Income Quickbooks Account - If synced with Quickbooks, you must select an Income Account to link to your Item.
- Route Planner Icon - If you’d like to change the icon that appears on the route planner when this Item is on a job, select one from the dropdown.
- Include in Calculation of Route Capacities - Check this box if you’d like the Item’s quantity to calculate in the route capacity when using the route planner.
- Billable for Purchase Orders - This designator is only applicable for visit expenses. When checked, the cost of that Item will be transferred to the client & will appear on their invoice when added as a visit expense.
- Reimbursable - For Purchase Orders & Job Expenses: If checked, this Item will create and sync a bill to QuickBooks when the PO or Visit is approved. *Note: This designator is only visible to accounts linked to Quickbooks.
- Subcontracted - When checked, the associated cost for this Item on a job will only affect the job's estimated margins (it assumes actual margins will be replaced by a job-related expense). A Purchase Order should be created to record the actual costs for these Items.
- Include in the Inventory Tracker Tool - Check this box if you’d like to include the Item in the Inventory Tracker tool.
- Inventoried - If included in inventory, Purchase Orders containing the Item will affect inventory levels. You can find more information on SingleOps Inventory here.
- Include in Renewals - Check this box if you want to include this Item on renewals for recurring jobs & contracts.
- Show Quantity on Work Order Documents? - Check this box to show the Item’s quantity on Work Orders.
- Show Item on Documents? - If checked, this Item will show up on standard documents even when the Item is within an Item Group that is marked to invoice as a group.
- Quantity Based Pricing - Check this box to default costs & prices based on quantity, operation, and/or customer type. You can find more information on Quantity Based Pricing here.
- Taxed - If applicable, check this box to charge sales tax on this Item by default.