A Purchase Order in SingleOps can be associated with a Job or Visit in order to track costing or to add a billable expense to an invoice. Although all Purchase Orders that sync to Quickbooks appear the same (as a Bill), associating a Purchase Order with a Job or a Visit will produce different results in SingleOps.
Associating a Purchase Order with a Visit
- This association will produce the most accurate reporting & is considered best practice.
- This association affects Job costing & Visit costing inside SingleOps.
- The Purchase Order details will appear in the Expenses table on the Visit page.
- In order to transfer the cost of a Purchase Order Line Item to a client's invoice, the Item must be marked as Billable on a Purchase Order that's associated with a Visit.
Associating a Purchase Order with a Job
- This association only affects Job costing inside SingleOps; it will not affect Visit costing.
- Purchase Order details will appear in the Purchase Order table on the Job show page.
You can find more information on creating & approving Purchase Orders here.