Resetting inventory is simple in SingleOps. Follow the steps below and you will be able to wipe out existing (possibly inaccurate) inventory and start with a fresh accurate count of your materials.
- Go to the Inventory page and choose an Operation.
- Click the Manual Deplete button.
- Deplete ALL the current inventory.
- Go to the Purchase Orders page.
- Create a purchase order using SingleOps as the Vendor (or any other placeholder Vendor).
- Add the current quantity and cost of all inventory items.
- Select the Effective Date as today.
- Approve the purchase order(s) and remember to remove them from the bill(s) in QuickBooks.
- Make sure to reset all inventory before creating/approving any jobs or performing any manual inventory additions/depletions/transfers.
Once your inventory is reset, you will be able to more accurately complete Jobs and Visits.