From an article written by Harrison Lowe...
- Go to the Inventory page.
- Click the Manual Deplete button.
- Deplete ALL the current inventory.
- Go to the Purchase Orders page.
- Create a purchase order for an unused or dummy client.
- Add the current quantity and cost of all inventory items.
- Select the Effective Date as today.
- Approve the purchase order(s) and remember to remove them from the bill(s) in QuickBooks.
- Make sure to reset all inventory before creating/approving any jobs or performing any manual inventory additions/depletions/transfers.