A Unit of Measure (UoM) is used to specify how you measure each Item included on a Job (i.e., Man Hours, Square Feet, Ounces, etc.) It is important to consider the UoM when setting up Items to ensure your entire team is pricing materials & services in the same way.
How to Create a Unit of Measure
- Navigate to Admin > Items > Units of Measure
- Select New Unit of Measure
- Enter the Unit of Measure Name & Abbreviation (Description is optional)
- Select Create Unit of Measure
Note: A Unit of Measure can also be created on the New/Edit Item page
- How to Apply Units of Measure
- Navigate to Admin > Items > Items
- Select New or Edit next to an Item
- Select the Unit of Measure
Note: Items can have more than one UoM. This allows Users to select the appropriate UoM when adding an Item to a Job.