Customer types will facilitate your use of SingleOps' advanced pricing matrix feature. By creating the customer type, assigning customers to the type, and then assigning a pricing option to the customer type, you can have that pricing option apply to everyone in the customer type. This will make it easier to add or remove customers from the type rather than having to create separate pricing options for each customer. For more information on the advanced pricing matrix, see the knowledge base article here.
Creating the Customer Type
Creating a new customer type is guaranteed to be the easiest thing you'll ever do in SingleOps.
• Go to Admin >> Customer Type
• Click the blue New Customer Type (upper-left)
• Type in the name of the customer type (e.g., Customers who LOVE us!)
• Click the blue Create Customer Type button
That's it... you have a new customer type.
Using the Customer Type
Using the customer type is almost as easy as creating it. Since it's a customer you'll be placing in this collection or 'bucket', you'll make the change on... you guessed it... the client profile.
• Go to Clients >> All Clients (you may also link to any client record from the job page)
• If coming from the All Clients page, click the client name to go to the client profile page, then click Edit. If linking from the job, you'll already be on the profile; just click Edit.
• Scroll down to reach the Customer Type pulldown and use it to select which of the preconfigured customer types you wish to assign to the customer. NOTE: you must have created the customer type prior to assignment. You will not be able to create the customer type on-the-fly.
• Be sure to click the Update Client button lower-left to preserve your change.
Removing the Customer Type
Should you ever need to remove the customer type from the customer, follow the same steps but set the customer type to the blank value in the pulldown. Again, be sure to click the Update Client button once you've removed the customer type to preserve your change.