Summary Data for Business Insights allows you to build powerful pivot tables inside of SingleOps so you're able to analyze your data without exporting to excel. This feature is currently available on the following reports:
- Jobs Report
- Visits Report
- Invoices Report
- Line Item Report
Tips and Best Practices
- Save your views when using Summary Data for Business Insights to quickly access data that you'd like to review regularly
- Use Dynamic Date Ranges (Help Center Article coming soon!)
How to Set Up Summary Data for Business Insights
This feature will be enabled by default on your SingleOps account. If you have any questions, or don't see the Summary Data for Business Insights option on your Jobs Report, Visits Report, Invoices Report or Line Item Report please contact SingleOps Support.
I. How to Use Summary Data for Business Insights
First, navigate to either the Jobs Report, Visits Report, Invoices Report or Line Item Report. This example is going to focus on using the Jobs Report.
The first thing you will notice is a new header, highlighted below. Clicking on this header will reveal two new options, View and Refresh Snapshot.
How to Take A Data Snapshot
In order to use Summary Data for Business Insights, you will first need to take a "Snapshot" of the data that is currently displayed in the report. The data snapshot captures the data from the Jobs Report and allows you filter, organize and summarize that data in the Data Summary Table.
You can take a snapshot of all the data in the Jobs Report and filter later in the Summary Data table. If you're only interested in a specific data set, for example, Jobs that were created Year to Date, then it is a best practice to go ahead and filter the data in the Job Report, BEFORE taking a data snapshot.
Once you have the Report Filters set up, click "Refresh Snapshot" to take a snapshot of the data that is currently displayed on the Report:
Once the Data Snapshot is finished loading, it will display the Time and Date when that snapshot was generated:
Once the data snapshot has finished loading and is displaying the Time and Date of the snapshot, you can click the View button.
The View Button will open the Summary Data Table, with the Time and Date of the snapshot.
From here, you can configure the View of the Summary Data Table either by:
1. Click to Configure View to open the Pivot View modal and manually chose your filters, columns, rows and summary functions.
2. Load View to choose default views set by SingleOps or to choose a Saved View.
Setting up the Pivot View
Clicking on the "Click to configure View" option on the Summary Data Table page will open the modal to make changes to the filters, columns, rows and summary functions. Any field, including Custom Inputs, will be available here, even if the columns were not displayed on the report where the Data Snapshot was captured.
1. Filters: This controls will columns you can Filter by. Filters are available along the top of the Summary Data Table. Filters can be set as a multi-select, single select, text search or date.
Common filter examples include: Sales Rep, Operation, Current Stage and Start - Month
2. Rows: This sets which fields will be displayed as the Rows on the pivot table.
3. Columns: This sets which fields will be displayed as the Columns on the pivot table.
4. Total: This sets what data is pulled for the table and if it should be summed, counted or should display the Max or Min value.