The property measurement tool can be used to mark & measure the square or linear footage of an area on a Job’s site map. The tool allows Users to determine the measurements of an area & then use those measurements to calculate production rates. The most common use cases of this tool are for turf care applications, sod or mulch installs, mowing, design/build projects such as retaining walls, fences, holiday lights, etc.
Setting Up Your Account for Property Measurements
There are a few account configurations needed before using the property measurement tool:
- Create Custom Inputs for your measurements following the criteria highlighted below:
- Next, navigate to Admin > Account Settings > Search Account Settings
- Search for Property Measurement Custom Inputs
- Select the applicable Custom Input(s)
- Select Update Settings
How to Use the Property Measurement Tool
- Select Go to Map on the Job edit page
- Select the polygon icon (to measure square footage) or the line icon (to measure linear footage) at the top of the screen
- Click to measure the relevant area(s) on the map
- Once the shape is completed, the area is auto-filled with the selected color & the measurement is displayed in a new box to the left of the screen. Add a description & identifier to the measurement, as needed.
- Select Applied To to determine the Custom Input linked to this measurement
Note: If you need to edit the area you've created, you can do so by first selecting the hand icon at the top of the map & then clicking to drag the marker that needs to be adjusted. There is also an "undo" option if you want to revert the marker to it's previous location.
The screenshot below includes an example of linear (1) & square (2) footage measurements.
- Select Save & Return to Job
The measurement from the map will then be pulled into the selected Custom Input on the job & can be used to calculate Production Rates. Follow this link for more information on Production Rates.