GPS Tracking & Timesheets available on Premier Tier, only.
In this article:
GPS Tracking Powered by FleetSharp
Keep track of your crew, and vehicle locations in real-time to improve safety, productivity and profitability.
FleetSharp’s intuitive web-based system, you can monitor your drivers in real time. Powered by Google Maps, the industry’s leading map software, you get accurate locations along with familiar features such as street view and traffic reporting.
GPS tracking with SingleOps timesheets allow you to gain insight into your crew’s schedule, availability, and productivity—ultimately allowing you to gain more control over your crew’s safety and your business’ performance.
Order GPS Trackers
- Navigate to: Admin > GPS Tracking > Add GPS Tracking
*Note: If you do not see this as an option, please reach out to SingleOps Support
- Select option
- Connect an existing Linxup/FleetSharp account if you already have an account.
- Order tracker directly from SingleOps if you are brand new to GPS.
- Select Start New Order
- Enter your email address and the amount of vehicle trackers you would like to order.
- To add an asset tracker, wire tracker for a vehicle, etc., click on Click here to add asset or mower trackers!
- Fill out order as needed. When finished, click Proceed to License Plate Entry
- Enter the issuing state and the license plate number associated to each vehicle
*Note: If you get an error message after entering the correct state and plate number, enter the vehicle's VIN number.
*Note: If your vehicle has a temporary license plate, type "Temporary" into the plate number box and enter VIN number
- Once all the vehicle's states and plate numbers are entered, select Lookup Plates
- The vehicles types will reference on the right hand side of each vehicle
- When all the information is updates, click Proceed to Shippings Address
- Enter your shipping address and confirm your order
Install GPS Trackers
Follow the links below for installation instructions
- In SingleOps, navigate to: Admin > GPS Tracking > Assign Vehicles
- Assign Crew Leads to Vehicles- GPS data from tracker will pull over from FleetSharp into timesheets module here.
*Note: Currently you cannot assign multiple people/crew to same vehicle.
- When finished, select the Assign Vehicle button. This button will change to blue once a user and tracker are selected.
GPS in Manage Timesheets Tab
When using GPS & SingleOps Timesheets, your timesheets automatically sync with GPS data. On the Manage Timesheets page, the column GPS Check will display the GPS status for each crew/user.
*Note: The integration supports the ability to tie multiple crew members to one vehicle. The integration does not support one crew member managing multiple vehicles.
GPS Check Icons
Each user's GPS status is represented with an icon. Below is a list of GPS icons & descriptions.
*Note: On the Manage Timesheets page, hover your mouse over each icon for more information. Click View to expand information (Employee names, Time clocked in/out, & Notes)
= The green check marks indicates that the timesheet matches the GPS data. This crew/user is eligible for approval.
= The yellow caution icon will display if the crew misstated the time spent at this location.
= The blue i icon means a Timesheet was not checked. It will show one of these four reasons:
- Crew lead not assigned vehicle "effective on" Timesheet Date
- Timesheet not in Submitted status
- Date range on Timesheet listing page too broad
- A temporary error has occurred
= The red question mark will appear if the GPS is missing data
Map View Tab
Map View displays a map of the crew's day. This maps shows where the crew spent their time, for how long, and what went wrong.
At the top of the page, click on the Map View tab
This map will show the crew's route path and stops. *Hover your mouse over each icon for additional information.
- Blue# icon= Visits logged on SingleOps timesheets, the number indicates order of visits
- Bluecaution sign icon= Visits with issues
- Red# icon= Visits logged from GPS tracker, the number indicates order of visits
Optimal vs. Actual Route
By clicking Optimal Route for Timesheet you are able to see the optimal route (blue) vs. the route the crew actually took based on timesheets (red).